Who Is Capital Region Nordic Alliance Inc.
Capital Region Nordic Alliance, Inc. (herein after referred to as CRNA) is an outdoor recreation alliance that seeks to provide opportunities for residents of the greater capital region and beyond to engage in Nordic sports on a year-round basis. CRNA serves the entire community with particular emphasis on veterans, adults and youth with special needs or disabilities (physical, intellectual and visual). CRNA is an organization incorporated by the State of New York and IRS as a not-for-profit charitable organization, 501(c)(3) status as well as US Paralympic Sport and Disabled Sports USA Clubs focusing on positive self-identity, recalibration, esteem, health and wellness of all who participate.
Create the Optimal Sport/Paralympic Sports Environments Empowing the Potential in each CRNA Able Bodied Athlete or Veteran, Adult, and Youth with a Disability or Special Needs
In Order for CRNA’s Athletes to Personally Empower Their Potential-Achieving Excellence as defined by Them and CRNA:
- CRNA RESPECTS the inherent worth and dignity of each individual athlete with whom it interacts
- CRNA IMPLEMENTS equity and compassion in athlete relations enabling full expression of their potential
- CRNA incorporates and adheres to all national sport federations’ policies and codes of conduct of which it is a member of good standing. Guiding Safe Sport principles are fully implemented at all CRNA functions
- CRNA PARTNERS/COLLABORATES with similar high affinity organizations that value the importance of nurturing and defining potential for the athlete for better and more fulfilling lives
- CRNA INTENTIONALLY and consciously works to reveal athlete potential in everything it does, enabling the athlete full control of their destiny
- CRNA will incorporate any special medical/physical/cognitive condition that will influence a person’s participation in any CRNA activity
PROMOTING NORDIC SPORTS IN THE GREATER NY CAPITAL REGION
Join us for year-round activities: Biathlon, Orienteering, Snowshoeing, and XC Skiing